Pomfret(Avoli) Fish Biryani:
Here you all my fellow readers after a few months I am presenting a new recipe to you which is one of my favorite as well as the tasty one too.I hope you all will try at home and write your feedback to me.
For fish preparation:
- Pomfret(avoli) washed and cleaned-500g
- Green chillies,chopped-1ns
- Chilli powder-1tbspn
- Coriander powder-1tbspn
- Turmeric powder-1/2tspn
- Mint leaves,chopped-a small bunch
- Coriander,chopped-a small bunch
- Curry leaves-a few
- Lime juice-1tbspn
- Garam masala powder-1/2tspn
- salt-as required
- Coconut oil-For frying
For Biryani Rice:
- Biryani Rice-500g
- Cinnamon-one inch piece
- Lime juice-1tbspn
- Hot water-1litre
- Prepare a mixture by adding chilly powder,turmeric,lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Marinate cleaned fish in this mixture and keep aside for 15minutes.
- After that heat a pan and add required oil for frying, fry it till golden brown.
- Saute the sliced onions for sometimes, to it add chopped garlic,green chillies,garlic and saute again.
- To it add remaining chilli powder,coriander and little bit of salt.
- Add curd,chopped tomatoes to it and mix well in low flame.
- Add the fried fish to it along with chopped coriander leaves and 1/4tspn garam masala,stir slowly.
- Stir occasionally until the gravy thickens.Take off from the flame and keep aside.
- Now we have to prepare biryani rice, for that clean and drain the rice.
- Heat a wide mouthed pan and pour some ghee.Fry the sliced onions until golden color,remove it and the add cashew nuts and raisins,saute for sometime.
- Add onions cardamom,cloves,cinnamon and onions, saute well.
- Add drained rice and fry for 5minutes. to it add hot water,lime juice and required salt.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook till the water is absorbed,Stir occasionally and remove from fire.
- Take a deep vessel add a layer of fish masala, put a pinch of garam masala,over that put a layer of rice,fried onions and cashewnuts.
- Repeat the same and cover the vessel with a lid and cook in low heat for 15 minutes by placing hot coal(wood) on top.
- Serve hot with mint chutney, pickle as side dish.